- These policies affecting SIU Carbondale employees have been approved and are promulgated pursuant to Chapter 2 of the Policies of the Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University. Each subject area is organized into three sections:
- Policies applicable to all employees;
- Policies applicable only to civil service employees;
- Policies applicable only to faculty and administrative/professional staff.
- The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the implementation of an effective program of personnel administration including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- implementation of the total personnel program for employees within the provisions of the State Universities Civil Service System and such other statutes (state and federal) as may be applicable;
- recruitment and employment of qualified civil service personnel;
- classification of civil service positions;
- creation and maintenance of a sound program of internal employee and labor relations;
- maintenance and security of all personnel records and information systems;
- administration of the university benefit program;
- administration of a wage and salary program for civil service and administrative/professional staff;
- coordination of training and development programs.